Common stereotypes portray acne as the bane of the teenager: oily, blemished skin, exacerbated by overactive sebaceous glands, adolescent hormones, and less-than-ideal skincare routines. While adolescence is, indeed, a prime time for problematic skin, acne can persist into adulthood. In fact, acne affects 25% of adult men and 50% of adult women.
Acne is a significant concern on its own, but when acne meets aging, skin damage is magnified. When adults are battling acne, they have a unique set of age-related concerns:
- Firstly, overactive sebaceous glands results in enlarged pores
- Secondly, the skin’s texture becomes rough
- Thirdly, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation can linger long after blemishes subside.
Introducing SkinCeuticals’ new Blemish + Age Defense Acne Treatment!
- Potent oil-free treatment designed to control acne and correct signs of ageing
- Inhibits sebum production, minimises current blemishes, and helps reduce post-acne hyperpigmentation
- Prepares skin for clinical peel procedures
The SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Defense Serum contains:
- 2% Dioic acid: reduces sebum production, fights acne-causing bacteria, and reduces post-inflammatory discolouration
- 0.3% Capryloyl salicylic acid: provides precise and even cell-by-cell exfoliation to decongest clogged pores
- 1.5% Salicylic acid: refines pores and helps reduce acne
- 3.5% Glycolic acid & 0.5% citric acids: accelerate exfoliation
20s, 30s, 40s, 50s+
Acne, breakouts, congestion and blackheads, Youth maintenance, first signs of ageing
Normal to dry, Normal to oily, Oily